The Poco F2 Pro was launched back in May 2020 for around 400 Dollars, and it had amazing specifications for the price, like Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back, an aluminum frame (great build), HDR 10+ Full HD Super AMOLED Panel, Snapdragon 865 Chipset, 6 or 8GB of RAM with 128 or 256GB of Storage, along with a 20 Megapixel Motorized Popup selfie camera, for a full screen experience, uninterrupted. It came with a Quad Camera setup, a 64MP Main, 13MP Ultrawide, 5MP Tele macro and a 2MP Depth Camera. Another highlight is that this smartphone could shoot 8K Video at 30FPS, all for the 400 Dollar Price Tag.
Poco F2 Pro was launched as the rebranded version of Redmi K30 Pro in a few countries. This smartphone was shipped with Android 10 Out of the box. It is good to see that now, Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update.
Users in Europe had already got the update a few weeks prior, but now the global users can bag the MIUI 12.5 update as well. This update brings a ton of new features to the Poco F2 Pro. Here is the offical change log for the update:
Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update Changelog
System– Response to gestures is now instant.
– With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
–With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
– Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
– Stable MIUI based on Android 11
– Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security
Notes–Compose mind maps with complex structures.
– New tools for doodling and sketching.
– Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
– A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
– Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
– New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
– All-new Notes.
Xiaomi Cloud– New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
– Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
–Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
– Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
As you can see, there are a lot of features that come with this update including a couple of visual changes.
The update is 3 Gigabytes in size. MIUI 12.5 (Based on Android 11) adds a whole slew of new features and a lot of customization, not to mention better stability, smoothness and speed. MIUI will also feel snappier. The Poco F2 Pro is also most likely eligible for the MIUI 13 update that is coming in a few months. To ensure a bug and hassle free experience, Xiaomi is globally rolling out this update in stages, so a wider update rollout will happen surely in the next few days.
If you want to manually update the Poco F2 Pro, you can do that in your settings app. Tap on “about phone”. Look for “Check for updates” after tapping on the MIUI Logo.